About the programme
What is the duration of the programme?
Europubhealth+ is a two-year full-time master course.
Can I study for just one year ?
No, you cannot study for one year only as Europubhealth+ is a two-year double degree programme.
Can I directly enter the 2nd year?
No, it is not possible to enter the 2nd year directly. You must follow the entire master course.
Is Europubhealth+ a part-time or full-time programme?
Europubhealth+ is a full-time programme.
Does Europubhealth+ offer distance (online) training?
Europubhealth+ does not offer distance training. It focuses on integration and requires international mobility, as students must follow courses in at least two different European countries.
However since the Covid-19 outbreak, the consortium members universities have adapted their programmes to offer blended learning and online solutions to their students whenever necessary.
How are the courses organised over the two years?
Europubhealth+ is a two year Master's course equivalent to 120 ECTS Credits. The first academic year covers core competences in public health and is delivered either in Sheffield or Dublin (in English), in Granada (in Spanish) or in Liège (in French). For the second academic year, students choose a specialisation course either in Poland, France, The Netherlands or Spain (except for students who spent their first year in Spain already). A 3-week integration module brings all Europubhealth+ students together in Rennes (France) at the end of each academic year.
How are the modules assessed?
Assessement methods and grading scales have been agreed upon by all members of the consortium. This is necessary for full recognition between year 1 and year 2 results and double degree delivery. Assessment is a blend of:
- National assessment: Year 1 or Year 2 institutions assess students during training modules in their institution, according to national and local official rules. Expected minimum required standards have to be achieved for module validation.
- Transnational assessment committee: A representative of each consortium member takes part in the final assessment committee at the end of each academic year. The assessment committee gathers the results of the different assessments and reviews national and integration module assessments. It decides on students' admission to the 2nd year at the end of Year 1 and awards the double Master degree at the end of Year 2. It can also give additional tasks for students to carry out if necessary, or decide to maintain (or not) students in the course if they fail to achieve the required level.
What are the different options?
For your first year, you can choose to go either to the University College Dublin (Ireland), the University of Sheffield (United Kingdom), the Andalusian School of Public Health in Granada (Spain) or the University of Liège (Belgium). During the second year, you can choose between 7 different specialisations delivered in Poland, France, The Netherlands or Spain. The list of available courses in each institution can be found under the "Programme Description" tab of this website.
The second year (or specialisation year) includes a mandatory placement and dissertation work which are linked to eachother in line with the rules and practices of the host university.
Europubhealth+ Alumni now work mainly in public or non-profit institutions, in different countries (some stay in Europe and some go back to their home countries). Most of them have obtained a position as manager or project coordinator, where they use both their technical expertise and the social skills developed throughout their Europubhealth+ experience.
Depending on the specialisation followed during the second academic year, they work in different fields of public health:
- Management of health programmes, at international, national or local levels
- Design, implementation and evaluation of public health policies
- Management of social or healthcare institutions
- Risk management and assessment
- Inspection and evaluation
- Audits and consulting
- Education and research, ...
About one third of Europubhealth+ Alumni pursue their public health training at PhD level.
Every year, a career fair and many employability workshops are offered during integration modules in Rennes.
What is the final awarded degree ?
Upon completion of all requirements of the Europubhealth+ programme, students receive a double master degree (two degrees).
It is made up of your first year institution's degree (Sheffield "Master of Public Health", or Dublin "Master of Public Health", or Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica" or Liège "Master en Sciences de la Santé Publique") and your second year institution's degree (Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica", or Krakow "Magister in the field of Public Health", or EHESP "International Master of Public Health"/"Master Sciences, Technologies, Santé mention Santé Publique", or Rennes 1 "Master en Droit de la Santé", or Maastricht University "Master of Science Governance and Leadership in European Public Health").
Students also receive a Europubhealth+ joint certificate and diploma supplement delivered on behalf of the whole consortium, specifying the chosen pathway, marks obtained and grading scales equivalence across attended institutions.
Main criteria for eligibility are:
- At least a university undergraduate degree, i.e. 180 ECTS, or recognized equivalent;
- Proficiency in one, two or three languages depending on the chosen pathway: English, English + French, Spanish + French + English, Spanish + English.
- Submission before the deadline of a full online application, together with all required supporting documents in English.
Admission requirements are fully listed here.
Who are the candidates? Is there an age limit?
Candidates come from all over the world and from various academic backgrounds. Some of them apply as soon as they finish their undergraduate studies, and some of them are professionals who want to develop their knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementation, advising and assessment of health programmes or health and social service management. They can be graduate students in law, economics, management, public health, biology, medicine, engineering, etc…
There is no age limit. You can apply at any age provided that you meet the eligibility requirements in terms of study level and language proficiency.
About the application
How can I apply for the Europubhealth+ master?
To apply for Europubhealth+, you have to fill in an online application form in English and upload all mandatory attachments.
What are the required attachments?
Your application form has to be filled in, signed and sent before the deadline with:
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- Curriculum Vitae (European model)
- Motivation letter (600 words max. - in English)
- Certified true copies of previous degrees (a bachelor's degree being the minimum requirement) with the Diploma Supplement if available and the official or sworn English translation
- Official transcripts and mark sheets in English (or official/sworn English translations from the candidate's native language) from all higher education institutions attended
- Evidence of language proficiency, in accordance with the chosen pathway
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of residence (for scholarship applicants only)
- Additional documents are to be provided by students who choose the University of Liège for their 1st year: a copy of high school certificate with an official/sworn translation in French or in English / Year by year official documents for the past 5 years, if they are not covered by the last diploma (studies, (un)employment certificate…). The activities having lasted at least 3 months only must be justified. You don't need to justify sabbatical periods.
About the selection process
What are the admission requirements for non-European candidates?
The admission requirements are the same for all candidates: see Admission Requirements.
Can I apply if I have not received my previous degree yet?
Candidates who cannot provide a copy of their degree before the given deadline but are expected to graduate before September of the following academic year are eligible to apply. They have to submit a certificate from their university with the expected date of graduation and all transcripts to date, and provide a copy of the degree before the starting date of the programme.
For any futher questions regarding application procedure, mandatory documents and/or technical issues, please go to http://emundus.izp.cm-uj.krakow.pl or contact the recruitment team : email@example.com.
How do you select candidates?
The Europubhealth+ Selection Committee is composed of representatives from the eight partner universities. All applications are carefully studied according to Europubhealth+ eligibility criteria and then marked by members of the selection committee according to Europubhealth+ selection criteria. Applicants who rank the highest are selected to join the course. For the first round of applications, the first students selected on the main list are awarded an Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship if they have applied for it and are eligible.
What are the evaluation criteria?
The Europubhealth+ selection committee uses the following criteria to assess eligible applications:
- Reasons for choosing the Europubhealth+ Master: added-value for the student to graduate from this particular programme and motivation for the second year specialisation in line with previous training and career prospects.
- Educational credentials: Marks, classification, grades and distinctions obtained in previous trainings.
- Professional experience: work experience in the field of public health, health care or social work (including volunteer work, placements, summer jobs…)
- International projects or prospects
- Personal skills (cultural adaptability, autonomy, initiative, suitability for teamwork..).
What are the selection dates? When will I know the results?
We assess applications after each indicated deadlines, depending on the date of submission. Applicants are informed of the selection results approximately 8 weeks after each application deadline.
About language tests
What are the language requirements?
One, two or three languages are required to participate in the Europubhealth+ Master course, among one of the following combinations, according to the chosen study pathway: English only; or English + French; or Spanish + French + English; or Spanish + English.
Each pathway requires valid proof of language proficiency. See details here.
What is the deadline for language tests?
You must upload valid proof of language proficiency to your application form before the application deadline.
About participation costs
What are the participation costs and what do they include?
Participation costs for the Europubhealth+ programme are as follow :
- 16.000€ for the two years of study (120 ECTS) for Non-European students
- 11.000€ for the two years of study (120 ECTS) for European students*
* European Students are citizens of the 27 member states of the European Union and citizens of the United Kingdom, Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Serbia.
These fees include all the following services:
- Enrolment in all the teaching units and modules and access to related educational ressources
- Access to libraries, document centers and related services
- Social events during the introduction modules in Rennes
- Exams, diploma and certificate
The participation fee does not include accommodation, food, international travel, travel on site, or visa costs.
Students are responsible for purchasing their own health insurance in order to be in compliance with the social welfare regulations of the country they move to. The purchase of third party liability covarage is also highly recommended.
Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders benefit from worldwide insurance coverage for the duration of the 2-year course in compliance with the European Agency's minimum requirements.
Can students receive scholarships from EU programmes to follow the Europubhealth+ Master's Course?
Students can apply for an Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarship under standard conditions and procedures. Detailed information about Erasmus+:Erasmus Mundus scholarships and other types of grants can be found in the "Funding your studies" section.
Can I work while studying for the Europubhealth+ Master course ?
Europubhealth+ students are allowed to work part-time during the programme as long as the mandatory minimum requirement of 90% attendance to the course is met, and provided that it is in line with the national legislation of the country(ies) concerned (e.g. visa or residence permit rules).
The Erasmus+ programme does not foresee any restrictions for remunerated work outside of the Master's course provided that the student is able to dedicate the necessary efforts to the Master's Course's mandatory activities in order to complete it successfully within the agreed period.
Erasmus Mundus Alumni Association
The EMA website is accessible here: http://www.em-a.eu. Students are invited to register via the EMA website.How can I prepare for my arrival in one of the universities?
On the Europubhealth+ website you can consult the International Student page for each university where you will find useful information about the university, the city, the country, some useful tips on living abroad, etc.
What is the impact of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union ("BREXIT") on the 2022 intake of the Europubhealth+ programme ?
Impact on the study pathway on offer: The University of Sheffield remains a full member of the Europubhealth+ consortium until 2023-2025 academic session thanks to a consortium agreement signed before the formal withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders and self-funded students still have the opportunity to follow the 1st year foundation course of the Europubhealth+ programme at the University of Sheffield.
Impact on the level of participation costs for UK citizens: Nationals of the United Kingdom will still benefit from the tuition fees rate for European students until 2023-2025 academic session, that is to say 11.000 € for the two years of study.
N.B.: In case you don't find the answer to your question in the F.A.Q. section or on the Website, please contact us through our Contact form