By the end of the year, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the acquisition of knowledge in economics of health sector, economic analysis and pharmaco-economics, HTA and governance of health sector.
- Demonstrate managerial, coordination and negotiation skills and provide expertise on financial aspects and governance of health care.
- Seek the compromise between economical and health goals to contribute to better functioning of health care system, improvement in health status of the population and higher level of patient satisfaction.
Compulsory modules (29 ECTS)
- Introduction to governance in health system (3 ECTS)
- Health systems goals and performance in transition (2 ECTS)
- Financial resources for Health (2 ECTS)
- Human resources for health (2 ECTS)
- Change management and leadership (2 ECTS)
- Economic burden of diseases (3 ECTS)
- Health technology assessment and rational pharmaceutical policy (4 ECTS)
- Market and economic incentives in health care (2 ECTS)
- New public management in health care (1 ECTS)
- Projections of health care expenditure and revenue (2 ECTS)
- Coordinated/managed care (2 ECTS)
- Health impact assessment in all policies (2 ECTS)
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods (2 ECTS)
Dissertation and internship (28 ECTS)
More information on the Institute of Public Health of Jagiellonian University website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.