Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Describe national and European regulatory programs, guidelines and authorities that control environmental health issues
- Describe the effects of major environmental and occupational agents, explain the general mechanisms of toxicity and describe factors that affect susceptibility to adverse health outcomes following exposure to environmental hazards.
- Apply environmental risk assessment methods and specify approaches for assessing, preventing and controlling environmental hazards that pose risks to human health and safety.
Compulsory modules (30 ECTS)
- Upgrading Biostatistics (not credited)
- Environmental and occupational health sciences Pre-requisite (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Environmental and occupational health sciences (3 ECTS)
- Exposure Asessment (3 ECTS)
- Global environmental changes and health (3 ECTS)
- Risk assessment (3 ECTS)
- Critical windows of exposures and vulnerability (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Epidemiology (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Information sciences and biostatistics (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Global environmental changes (3 ECTS)
- Evaluation of public health programmes (3 ECTS)
- SUPRA OPTIONAL. Cross-disciplinary Module: Global and International Health, Spatial Statistical analysis, Integrated Module of Public Health, Advanced cores modules in Social & Behavioural Sciences, Advanced cores modules Management & Health policy Sciences (not credited)
Dissertation and internship (27 ECTS)
More information on the EHESP website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.