Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Describe national and European regulatory programs, guidelines and authorities that control environmental health issues
- Describe the effects of major environmental and occupational agents, explain the general mechanisms of toxicity and describe factors that affect susceptibility to adverse health outcomes following exposure to environmental hazards.
- Apply environmental risk assessment methods and specify approaches for assessing, preventing and controlling environmental hazards that pose risks to human health and safety.
Compulsory modules (30 ECTS)
- Upgrading Biostatistics (not credited)
- Advanced Core module – Environmental and occupational health sciences (3 ECTS)
The control of environmental infectious diseases (3 ECTS)
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and environmental health (3 ECTS)
Impact assessment in environmental health (3 ECTS)
Critical windows of exposures and vulnerability (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Epidemiology (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Planetary Health (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Information sciences and biostatistics (3 ECTS)
- 2 Electives to be chosen among: Infectious disease epidemiology, ISB Multidimensional & multivariate statistical methods, Methods and design in Epidemiology, Spatial Statistical analysis (6 ECTS)
- SUPRA OPTIONAL. Advanced core module in Social & Behavioural Sciences, Advanced core module Management & Health policy, Humanitarian Health in Crisis Situation, Health Policies and health systems in LIC (not credited)
Dissertation and internship (27 ECTS)
More information on the EHESP website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.