Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of epidemiology for informing discussion of health issues and comprehend basic ethical and legal principles pertaining to epidemiologic data.
- Appropriate and apply concepts, descriptive and inferential methodologies, and informatics techniques in the description of public health characteristics and in public health research and evaluation.
- Interpret results of statistical analyses, describe a public health problem in terms of magnitude, person, time and place and calculate basic epidemiology measures.
- Draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic data and evaluate the strengths and limitations of epidemiologic reports.
Compulsory modules (18-21 ECTS)
- Upgrading Biostatistics (not credited)
- Advanced Core module – Epidemiology (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Information sciences and biostatistics (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Environmental and occupational health sciences (3 ECTS) Concentration in Epidemiology:
- Analysis in Epidemiology I&II (6 ECTS)
- Concepts, methods and design in Epidemiology (3 ECTS) Concentration in Biostatistics:
- Intro to R: computing, graphics and statistics (3 ECTS)
- ISB Multidimensional & multivariate statistical methods (3 ECTS)
- Modelling of infectious diseases (3 ECTS)
- Spatial statistical analysis (3 ECTS)
Elective modules - to be chosen from the following list (9-12 ECTS)
- Concentration in Epidemiology:
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- ISB Multidimensional & multivariate statistical methods
- Intro to R: computing, graphics for statistics & Epidemiology
- Perinatal & Pediatric Epidemiology
- Multi-level Analysis Concentration in Biostatistics:
- Concepts, methods and design in Epidemiology
- Analysis in Epidemiology (I)
- Analysis in Epidemiology (II)
- Multi-level Analysis
- GIS & Environmental Health
Dissertation and Internship (27 ECTS)
More information on the EHESP website
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.