Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Describe national and European regulatory programs, guidelines and authorities that control environmental health issues
- Describe the effects of major environmental and occupational agents, explain the general mechanisms of toxicity and describe factors that affect susceptibility to adverse health outcomes following exposure to environmental hazards.
- Apply environmental risk assessment methods and specify approaches for assessing, preventing and controlling environmental hazards that pose risks to human health and safety.
Compulsory modules (30 ECTS)
- Biostatistics (not credited)
- Environmental and occupational health sciences Pre-requisite (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Environmental and occupational health sciences (3 ECTS)
- Minor A: «Exposure Asessment» (3 ECTS)
- Minor B: «Global environmental changes and health» (3 ECTS)
- Major A: «Advanced Global environmental changes» (3 ECTS)
- Major B: «Health Risk assessment» (3 ECTS)
- Major C: «Critical windows of exposures and vulnerability» (3 ECTS)
- Cross-disciplinary Module: Global Health (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Epidemiology (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Information sciences (3 ECTS)
Supra elective modules (not credited)
- SUPRA OPTIONAL Modules Recommended - level 1:
- «Evaluation of public health programs» or «Spatial Statistical analysis»
- SUPRA OPTIONAL Modules level 2:
- «Integrated Module of Public Health» or «Advanced cores modules in Social & Behavioural Sciences» or «Advanced cores modules in Management & Health policy Sciences»
- SUPRA OPTIONAL Modules level 3: To be chosen among the MPH Minors/Majors modules.
Dissertation and internship (27 ECTS)
More information on the EHESP website.
N.B.: This information corresponds to the current content of the modules and minor changes may occur in the programme for the next intake.