Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the acquisition or update of multi-disciplinary public health knowledge and skills relevant to their professional practice;
- Understand and apply public health specialist knowledge critically and creatively to clinical and/or professional practice in public health;
- Critically evaluate the knowledge base in each module content areas, and integrate understanding from different modules to enhance own and/or others’ professional practice;
- Demonstrate transferable study skills appropriate to postgraduate level studies.
Compulsory modules (29 ECTS)
- Key Issues in Global Public Health
- Introduction to research methods
- Introduction to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Assessing Health Needs and Addressing Inequalities
Elective modules (4 optional modules to be chosen from the following list - 28 ECTS)
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems (7 ECTS)
- Epidemiology - Strongly recommended (7 ECTS)
- Public Health Informatics (7 ECTS)
- Communicable Disease Control (7 ECTS)
- Disaster and Emergency Management (7 ECTS)
- Health Care Financing and Economic Evaluation (7 ECTS)
- Sociology of Health and Illness (7 ECTS)
- Health Promotion (7 ECTS)
- Systematic Reviews and Critical Appraisal Techniques (7 ECTS)
- Promoting Evidence-based Health Care (7 ECTS)
More information on SchARR website.
N.B.: This information corresponds to the current content of the modules and minor changes may occur in the programme for the next intake.